Wednesday, November 26, 2008

What I Am Thankful For


This time of year for me, and probably most of us, definitely causes me to reflect on my life. Good or bad, I have always been a blessed man and walk in the assurance that I have experienced nothing except that which is from God's own hand.

Above all else, I am thankful for my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, who gave me life eternal and the opportunity to glorify and enjoy Him forever. He did this for no other reason than it pleased Him to do so.

The biggest blessing in my life today is my beautiful wife, who is easily the best friend I have ever had and who loves me with an unconditional love. She is also an excellent mother, and I leave for work every morning with peace of mind, knowing our children are in the most capable and caring hands.

The 2 children God has blessed us with are 2 of the most amazing little people, and it is a privilege to know them and have the responsibility to lead them to God through my guidance and example. These 3 people are my heart, and I pray that I will learn to serve them better by covering them with God's word, prayer, and my affection.

The body of Christ, which is the church, has been an amazing source of support, encouragement, and accountability wherever we have found ourselves in life, and I praise God for providing this.

Every circumstance in life is a blessing, whether it is character built through difficulty, or rest sought in times of plenty, and I trust the wisdom of The Most High to get me through all of them!

10 comments:

Beth said...

What a beautiful posting!

I have a feeling your family is thankful for you in return!

Dave Miller said...

Have a great weekend Bullfrog.

Patrick M said...

Have a happy one, whatever that may be. :)

I doubt it will be hard, though.

Bullfrog said...

Beth: They show their appreciation all the time. Thanks.

Dave: You too man. Have an excellent Thanksgiving!

Patrick: You do the same, don't work too hard. I ay be online on the morning and might bug you with a comment or something.

Pasadena Closet Conservative said...

I am thankful that my fellow conservative bloggers have such intelligence and character. God bless you and have a happy Thanksgiving!

TAO said...

Happy Thanksgiving!

Bullfrog said...

Pasadena: I am thankful for that as well, I have learned alot in my interactions on the blogosphere.

Tao: Enjoy, my friend!

Anonymous said...

That was a beautiful tribute, thanks for it.

Bullfrog said...

Walt: Welcome! Glad you enjoyed it!

Mr. Grey Ghost said...

Great post, every day should be Thanksgiving.